Ten (10) or fifteen (15) Research Grants of up to RM60,000 each for Malaysian
researchers below 40 years of age pursuing basic research in science and technology
(limited to the fields of natural sciences, including the environment, but excluding
clinical medicine and mathematics), inclusive of grants totalling Yen5 Million funded by
Toray Science Foundation, Japan.
- For energetic and creative young Malaysian researchers.
- Aged below 40.
- Engaged in a basic fundamental scientific research field at a research facility in Malaysia.
- Residing in Malaysia.
- Individual or Group effort.
- Excludes clinical medicine and mathematics.
Grant recipients are required to :
- Complete and sign the General Grant Conditions stipulating the terms and
conditions of the Grant.
- Research Project should be completed within 12 months after the prize presentation
- Upon conclusion of the research project, a Final Report and certified Statement of
Accounts to be submitted latest by 15th March of the following year.
Grant Research Symposium
For the benefit of the general public and scientific community, the Grantees are
required to present their research report findings and share experiences at the MTSF
Grant Research Symposium that are organized yearly.